This year, some 88 million Americans are expected to spend time out on the water, boating for recreation, on more than 12 million registered boats. Many of those who are fortunate enough to own a boat and want to spend every day out in the sun will choose to install a dock so that they don’t have to worry about the hassle of going to crowded boat launches or hauling their boat around with them all the time. There are several items, like power pedestals and dock ladders, that can be added to make a dock more useful. But dock boxes are great boating accessories because they allow boaters to store all kinds of items right at the boat.
Keeping important tools and other items right on the dock is smart for boaters who never want to find themselves in a situation where they need something specific and don’t have it. Everyone is different, but dock storage boxes are a great place for:
- An extra gas tank
- Waxes or polishers used to keep your boat looking great
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Pipes or hoses that can be used for quick mechanical fixes
Dock owners might also want to keep the items they need for safe trips out on the water in their dock boxes to make sure they are always prepared, even if the elements turn against them. Keeping them handy is always smart.
- Extra life jackets for when boats get full
- Additional ropes for secure mooring
- Dock bumpers to protect both the boat and dock in choppy water
- A power washer to keep the dock free of slippery grime or splinters
Of course, no boating trip is complete without a bit of fun. Dock boxes are the perfect place to store every item you will need to make sure boating trips are always a good time.
- A small stereo and music collection
- Water skis or wakeboards for adrenaline junkies
- Floats or noodles for lounging in the water
- Balls and games that kids can enjoy for an entire day
Outfitting a dock properly is smart for boat owners who want to make sure that they don’t have to spend a lot of time getting ready for a fun afternoon and have the ability to simply go out whenever they want. There are a number of accessories that can be added to a dock, but boxes are perhaps the most valuable. They provide durable storage and protection for every type of boating essential.